Warren House recognises that our work may have a direct, or indirect, effect on the local, regional and global environment. We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment and also to promoting the understanding of sustainability in its broadest context.
What We’ve Done
- We encourage our staff to cycle to work by offering secure cycle parking. This facility is also available to our guests.
- We have a ‘green’ linen service within our bedrooms, with the aim of reducing energy and water waste. We ask guests to consider the re-use of their towels each day and turn off lights when leaving their room.
- We recycle glass, paper and general waste for the whole building. We have adopted an organic waste solution that converts waste from the kitchens into compost. This is then mixed with wood waste and used on our gardens. Our efforts on recycling organic waste are a showcase for the hospitality industry.
- We have replaced our use of chemicals with environmentally-friendlier options. These are now in use throughout Warren House.
- We ensure that any new printed matter is sourced for printing on regenerated paper or sustainable paper-produced products.
- We will ensure, as part of our ongoing maintenance programme, that energy-efficient items are continuously sourced and fitted as standard.